Empowering the next generation one family, one community and one country at a time. Introducing the 2019 Iconic Paws Minority Veterinary Medicine Scholarship.
At Iconic Paws, we are focused 100% on improving the health of your pets, from the types of products that we offer to the attention to detail we put into every new product we develop. In fact, we are so obsessed with promoting wellness for pets, that for 2019, Iconic Paws is doing things a little bit different. This year we are excited to offer the 2019 Iconic Paws Minority Veterinary Medicine Scholarship to one student who is currently enrolled in or accepted to a veterinary school in the U.S for their demonstrated interest and commitment to animal welfare.
• Students must be of Hispanic, African-American, Native American, Pacific Islander or other minority designation
• Must be currently enrolled in or accepted to a veterinary school in the U.S.
• Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
• Be a legal residence of the U.S, student visa or Temporary Protected Status
The winning recipient of the 2019 Iconic Paws Minority Veterinary Medicine Scholarship will receive a one-time, non-renewable $500.00 scholarship. The check will be made out directly to the university.
HOW TO APPLY:
• All applications must be submitted by May 1, 2019.
• The winner will be announced on May 26th, 2019.
• Download and complete the online application: 2019 Iconic Paws Minority Veterinary in Medicine Scholarship
• Provide proof of full-time enrollment in a veterinary medicine program.
• Submit a 300- to 500-word essay on one of the following topics.
• There are many career choices within the veterinary profession. What are your future career goals and why?
• In what ways do you believe veterinarians contribute to society and what do you hope to contribute and why?
• What are some of the greatest challenges in the animal health industry? How can you make a difference?
• What is the role of proper natural nutrition in animal health?
• Considering the breadth of society veterinarians serves today, what attributes do you believe are essential to be successful within the ever-evolving veterinary profession? Of these attributes, which do you possess and how have you demonstrated these attributes?
• The Senate recently passed the 2018 Farm Bill. What do you think will be the benefits and drawbacks of marijuana in veterinary medicine? What impact will it have in animal health?
• Describe an animal welfare related activity that you have participated in. What impact do you think it has on a society where people tend to shop rather than adopt? How can you bring awareness to the importance of pet rescue and adoption?
Questions about the 2019 Iconic Paws Minority Veterinary Medicine Scholarship?